Monday, April 08, 2024

You Are My Sunshine by Mississippi John Hurt

 You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

You make me happy when skies are greyYou'll never know dear, how much I love youPlease don't take my sunshine away
The other night dear, as I lay sleepin'I dreamed, I held you in my armsWhen I awaken, I was mistakenSo I hung my head and I cry
You are my sunshine, my only sunshineYou make me happy when skies are greyYou'll never know dear, how much I love youPlease don't take my sunshine away

2 comments:

LeastObviius said...

So many great versions of this, and this os one of the best. Its so happy and simple and stupid and deep and sad.

Anonymous said...

This is the best version of this song I’ve ever heard. So awesome. This is the first song I learned on the harmonica. I played it on Dan’s dad’s harmonica and then decided for some reason that it was mine. I thought it was funny but perhaps it wasn’t.