And I know when time
Will pass by slowWithout my heartWhat can I doYou're in the hallsThe bell gives way to a larger swellWithout my heartWhat can I do, ohWroclai
And we grow fatOn the charms of our idle dreary daysSeen the shadows growSee an ominous displayWith no alarmCould we say we'd have expected this way(under stars?) have diedGive incent to playWroclai
2 comments:
The line that strikes me is
And we grow fat
On the charms of our idle dreary days.
Yes. I have grown fat. Figuratively and literally. And all I have is a few good memories of my youth. Who would have known that the best life would ever be was in the early days of hope for a better future. Life is sad. Life is short. And the glory days are over.
I love this band
Another great song in it's haunting little way
Well they do say 'Youth is wasted on the young'
Which is so true, most of us were idiots until at least our 30's
Imagine if we all Benjamin Button - ed as a species
We all were born as 80 year old people
Going through elementary school in your 70's
Recess would be completely different, wouldn't it?
Graduate around 62 years old
So as you're starting to figure out how life works -
Your body is getting stronger and quicker at a gradual pace
By the time you hit your 30's, you have a lifetime of experience
With a body that can start to try our for sports
That would be fun
Going to high school in your 60's
Prom would start around 4
Post a Comment