Monday, June 19, 2017

Gonna Hurry as Slow as I Can by Whitney

You found someone else
And you're sending me away
Oh, I hate so badly but I know
I know I can't stay

You tell me I must go
And I'll try to understand
'Cause I'm gonna leave you
I'm gonna hurry
Just, just as slow as I can

But I'm gonna cry, cry myself to death
Crying, crying over you
Well I feel sorry, so sorry for myself
But I've got to leave, I know it's true

That little ring you gave to me
I took it, took it from my hands
'Cause I'm gonna leave you
And I'm gonna hurry
Just, just as slow as I can

I THOUGHT THIS SONG WAS ABOUT MY KIDS DOING THEIR CHORS BUT IT IS JUST ANOTHER LOVE SONG

2 comments:

Dan Tschirhart said...

This is a cool song - I dig these guys

Plus it's a Dolly Parton cover, so you're already off to a good start

Because Dolly Parton is one badass lady

Did you know she entered a Dolly Parton look-alike drag queen contest and lost?

Classy

This is also a sad song, but as Elton John would put it ~ it says so much





Aaron said...

Dolly Parton is rad. This song is sad and a little self pitying. The Dolly Parton version is way better. This band uses way too many layerd vocals and it sounds lame. I want to go to Dollywood someday. But it's in the south and the south is lame. I wish she would open a Dollywood in California. I love the Dolly Parton joke where you stick your finger between two fingers and say what is this ? Dolly Parton hiding behind a tree. Classic. We were gonna do a card with her but she wanted too much money. Man that would have been so much better than Adam west. Sad