Sunday, August 28, 2022

I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles by Engelbert Humperkinck


I'm forever blowing bubbles
Pretty bubbles in the air
They fly so high
Nearly reach the sky
Then like my dreams
They fade and die

Fortune's always hiding
I've looked everywhere
I'm forever blowing bubbles
Pretty bubbles in the air

Fortune's always hiding
I've looked everywhere
I'm forever blowing bubbles
Pretty bubbles in the air
Pretty bubbles in the air
Pretty bubbles in the air

WELL DUDE... STOP BLOWING BUBBLES,,,, ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DEPRESSING... AND FRANKLY IF YOU ARE NOT DOING IT FOR A TODDLER ITS A LITTLE CREEPY

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of this dude until a few years ago. His manager approached us to do a card and I was like who the hell is Iglbert Humperdinck? Never heard of him or any of his songs. Thank the lord that didn’t happen. Although this song is rad. Sad. With a name like that he should have been famous.

Dan Tschirhart said...

I'd heard this rumor before, so I checked it out

It's true - he went by his real name Gerry Dorsey at the beginning of his career

But he was going nowhere, so his manager told him to change his name to Engelbert Humperdinck

Turns out his manager also had another famous star named Tom Woodard and had him change his name to Tom Jones

I guess they picked the right manager

I remember seeing his albums at Andy's Dad's house and laughing at the name

But I never forgot it

We've heard plenty of his songs in elevators or on hold, throughout our lives

We just had no idea it was him



Pirate Aggro said...

Humperdinck was the name of the evil prince in Princess Bride.

"Humperdinck, Humperdinck, Humperdinck!"

"I'm not listening!"

Welcome back Dan.