Monday, August 28, 2023

I Left My Heart in San Francisco by Tony Bennett

 The loveliness of Paris seems somehow sadly gay

The glory that was Rome is of another dayI've been terribly alone and forgotten in ManhattanI'm going home to my city by the BayI left my heart in San FranciscoHigh on a hill, it calls to meTo be where little cable cars climb halfway to the stars
The morning fog may chill the air, I don't careMy love waits there in San FranciscoAbove the blue and windy seaWhen I come home to you, San FranciscoYour golden sun will shine for me
When I come home to you, San FranciscoYour golden sun will shine for me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember sometime in the 80’s there was an earthquake in San Francisco and Tony Bennet sang this song on the news to images of broken highways and crushed buildings. I remember thinking why the fuck would anyone move to California. Tony Bennet was my dad’s favorite singer. He said he had more class than Sinatra. Also he was interested in doing a smashup but when he found out he had to sing all the names he said fuck no. He also sang on Sesame Street and it was awesome. He could sing good.