Monday, March 25, 2024

Unknown Legand by Neil Young

 She used to work in a diner

Never saw a woman look finerI used to order just to watch her float across the floorShe grew up in a small townNever put her roots downDaddy always kept movin', so she did too
Somewhere on a desert highwayShe rides a Harley-DavidsonHer long blonde hair flyin' in the windShe's been runnin' half her lifeThe chrome and steel she ridesCollidin' with the very air she breathesThe air she breathes
You know it ain't easyYou got to hold onShe was an unknown legend in her timeNow she's dressin' two kidsLookin' for a magic kissShe gets the far-away look in her eyes
Somewhere on a desert highwayShe rides a Harley-DavidsonHer long blonde hair flyin' in the windShe's been runnin' half her lifeThe chrome and steel she ridesCollidin' with the very air she breathesThe air she breathes
Somewhere on a desert highwayShe rides a Harley-DavidsonHer long blonde hair flyin' in the windShe's been runnin' half her lifeThe chrome and steel she ridesCollidin' with the very air she breathesThe air she breathes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to play this album every night as I went to bed. I would fall asleep to the voice of Neil young. This album is pure magic to me. I can no longer sleep to music. I use ear plugs. I’m a sad old man

Anonymous said...

Well if you are mostly deaf you take out your hearing aid.

Dan Tschirhart said...

I grew up listening to Neil Young because my Dad had all his albums

They would be in the regular rotation of albums played on a weekly basis

My Dad was always playing 'Cinnamon Girl' on the guitar

'Harvest' was a landmark album that is forever imprinted in my childhood

Graham Nash recalled this story on NPR one day:

“I was at Neil’s ranch one day just south of San Francisco, and he has a beautiful lake with red-wing blackbirds. And he asked me if I wanted to hear his new album, Harvest. And I said, ‘sure, let’s go into the studio and listen.’

“Oh, no. That’s not what Neil had in mind. He said, ‘get into the rowboat.’ I said, ‘get into the rowboat?’ He said, ‘yeah, we’re going to go out into the middle of the lake.’ Now, I think he’s got a little cassette player with him or a little, you know, early digital format player. You know, so I’m thinking I’m going to wear headphones and listen in the relative peace in the middle of Neil’s lake.

“Oh, no. He has his entire house as the left speaker and his entire barn as the right speaker. And I heard “Harvest” coming out of these two incredibly large speakers louder than hell. It was unbelievable.

“Elliot Mazer, who produced Neil, produced “Harvest,” came down to the shore of the lake and he shouted out to Neil: ‘How was that, Neil?’

“And I swear to god, Neil Young shouted back: ‘More barn!’”

'Harvest Moon' is a great album as well, and most of the people on 'Harvest' played on this one too

He developed a case of tinnitus after his Ragged Glory(90) album and tour, so he went back to the acoustic instruments

And thanks to tinnitus, 20 years later we got the sequel to 'Harvest'

Pirate Aggro said...

That is about the best comment ever posted. I listened to the entire album of Harvest yesterday. It is pure magic.