Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Hoochie Coochie Man by Muddy Waters

Gypsy woman told my momma, before I was born
You got a boy-child comin', gonna be a son-of-a-gun
Gonna make these pretty women, jump and shout
And the world will only know, a-what it's all about

Why'know I'm here
Everybody knows I'm here
And I'm the hoochie-coochie man
Everybody knows I'm making love tonight

On the seventh hour, of the seventh day,
On the seventh month, the seventh doctor said:
"He's born for good luck, and I know you see;
Got seven hundred dollars, and don't you mess with me

Why'know I'm here
Everybody knows I'm here
And I'm the hoochie-coochie man
Everybody knows I'm here

Gypsy woman told my momma
Said "Ooh, what a boy,
He gonna make so many women,
Jump and shout for joy"

Why'know I'm here
Everybody knows I'm here
And I'm the hoochie-coochie man
Everybody knows I'm here

Gypsy woman told my momma, before I was born
You got a boy-child comin', gonna be a son-of-a-gun
Gonna make these pretty women, jump and shout
And the world will only know, a-what it's all about

Why'know I'm here
Everybody knows I'm here
And I'm the hoochie-coochie man
Everybody knows I'm here

I got a black cat bone, I got a mojo too
I got John the Conqueror, I'm gonna mess with you
I'm gonna make you, pretty girl, lead me by the hand
Then the world will know, the Hoochie-Coochie Man

HOOCHIE COOCHIE MAN... ALSO KNOWN AS COTTON EYE JOE

4 comments:

Dan Tschirhart said...

Muddy Waters was a bad ass!

Did you know he helped get Chuck Berry his first record contract

He also had a huge influence on The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, and The Beatles of course (they sing his name in a song)

This song reminds me of summers spent in Laramie, Wyoming

- because if there's a genre of music that fits THAT town, it would be the blues

- However, to Laramie's credit, I did discover a lot of great music including Muddy Waters

I learned to play this song on my guitar when I first started




Pirate Aggro said...

He was a bad ass indeed. There is a picture of him holding his guitar with a cigarette hanging from his mouth. He is looking at the camera with a look that says "go ahead. Mess with me. See what happens."

I can see why Laramie would give someone the blues. If you are gay in that town they tie you to a fence and beat you.

You should keep playing Muddy Waters. He has magic powers.

Aaron Vattano said...

Protocol broken. Lame

Pirate Aggro said...

Oh no... kept. Dan is capeable of keeping.