Sunday, April 15, 2018

Lady Marmalade by LaBelle

Hey Sister, Go Sister, Soul Sister, Go Sister [x2]
He met Marmalade down in Old New Orleans
Struttin' her stuff on the street
She said 'Hello,
Hey Joe, you wanna give it a go?
'Mmm Hmmm Gitchi Gitchi Ya Ya Da Da [? ]
Gitchi Gitchi Ya Ya
Here [? ]
Mocca chocolata Ya Ya
Creole Lady Marmalade
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?
He savored her cool
While she freshed up
That boy drank all that magnolia wine
On the black satin sheets where
He started to freak
Gitchi Gitchi Ya Ya Da Da
Gitchi Gitchi Ya Ya Here
Mocca chocalata Ya Ya
Creole Lady Marmalade
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?
Heh, Heh, Hehhhh
Seeing her skin feeling silky smooth
Colour of cafe au lait
Made the savage beast inside
Roaring till it cried More, More, More
Now he's at home doing 9 to 5
Living his brave life of lies
But when he turns off to sleep
All memories keep More, More, More
Gitchi Gitchi Ya Ya Da Da Da
Gitchi Gitchi Ya Ya here
Mocca chocolata Ya Ya
Creole Lady Marmalade
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?
Voulez-vous couchez avec moi ce soir?
Creole Lady Marmalade



4 comments:

Aaron said...

The lady wearing the hood I think used to appear on Sesame Street. She looks really familiar. The white dude with the feathered hair wearing the suit in the front row looks very out of place. The set is rad. The three ladies are rad. This whole thing is awesome. The south is a strange place. I am not familiar with the cray cray culture. Harry shear is a big southern supporter. He lives there. But he is also an asshole. A bitter mean man. So I don’t like the south. Also, I was in New Orleans once but I don’t remember it at all. Not one damn thing except going to a used bookstore somewhere in Mississippi and I bought a book called giant jack.

Dan Tschirhart said...

This video is truly awesome and I'm glad it's in my head now

Because I've only seen the video for the remake of this song for Moulin Rouge in 2001

This one is so much better

The lady in the feather bikini would fit right into the movie Flash Gordon

The costumes, the ladies, the set, the song -

Yeah I'm not crazy about the South myself, but the French Quarter in New Orleans is a hoot

I went there for Mardi Gras 1999 with some friends from work on a road trip in my green Subaru

We ran out of gas in Oklahoma (I wasn't driving that shift) and as we pushed ourselves to the gas station..

- a tumbleweed literally bigger than my car, went rolling down the highway in the other direction

we stopped for a second and just looked at each other, and then kept pushing

- I kid you not, it was later dubbed Hank, the legendary tumbleweed

Speaking of Sesame Street - I saw this the other day

Growing up, Sesame Street taught me the importance of education, empathy and kindness

Bugs Bunny, on the other hand, taught me that revenge on my enemies should be quick, clever, and brutal







Pirate Aggro said...

Wow... that is an awesome memory. Tumble weeds were always thick around my first apartment in Cedar City. They would literally pile up against my car at night. I would get up and set them free. Did you know that tumble weeds are not native to north America? They are native to Russia. I cant remember how they got here. But goddamn Russians! Keep your goddamn weeds to yourself. That apartment was soooooo laaaaame! There was an inch gap between the ground and the bottom of the front door. The grit would just pile up on the window sills. It was like living in the dust bowl.

The lady with the hood looks like a flash Gordon villain. So does yo granma.

Aaron said...

Why do young people run out of gas? How fucking difficult is it to stop at a gas station and fill up the tank. Young people have zero ability to plan ahead. I hate young people.