Saturday, November 03, 2018

Sombody to Love by Queen

Can anybody find me somebody to love?

Each morning I get up I die a little
Can barely stand on my feet
(take a look at yourself)
Take a look in the mirror and cry
Lord, what you're doing to me

I have spent all my years in believing you
But I just can't get no relief, Lord!
Somebody, somebody
Can anybody find me somebody to love?

I work hard (he works hard) every day of my life
I work 'til I ache my bones
At the end (at the end of the day) I take home my hard-earned pay all on my own

I get down (down) on my knees (knees)
And I start to pray (praise the Lord)
'Til the tears run down from my eyes
Lord, somebody, somebody (please)
Can anybody find me somebody to love?

(he works hard) everyday (everyday)
I try, and I try, and I try

But everybody wants to put me down
They say I'm goin' crazy
They say I got a lot of water in my brain
I got no common sense
I got nobody left to believe in
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Oh, Lord
Somebody, somebody
Can anybody find me somebody to love?
(Can anybody find me someone to love)

Got no feel, I got no rhythm
I just keep losing my beat (you just keep losing and losing)
I'm OK, I'm alright (he's alright, he's alright)
I ain't gonna face no defeat
I just gotta get out of this prison cell
One day (someday) I'm gonna be free, Lord!

Find me somebody to love [repeat]

Can anybody find me somebody to love?

(Find me somebody to love)

WHEN I WAS A KID I WENT TO SOME YOUTH GROUP MEETING AT CHURCH, I COULDNT HAVE BEEN MORE THAN 8 OR 9. THE SUBJECT WAS THE EVILS OF ROCK AND ROLL. AS PART OF THE PRESENTATION THEY PLAYED A PORTION OF A QUEEN SONG AS AN EXAMPLE OF EVIL MUSIC. I REMEMBER THINKING 'THAT IS FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!!' I HAVE BEEN A LIFELONG QUEEN FAN TO THIS DAY.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I love the opening line. Each morning I get up and die a little. Yes. Yes I understand that. Queen was such an awesome phenomenon. Made some very groundbreaking music. I kinda want to see the queen movie even though I hate bio movies. I will say that if this dude ever does find somebody to Love he will still wake up every morning dieing a little.

Dan Tschirhart said...

Queen was frickin incredible

There was no one like them

- & Freddie Mercury was a rock god - his voice and vocal range were ridiculous

And he was a true ringmaster - he owned every stage he set foot on

Sometimes I like to imagine the music they could've created if Freddie was still alive today

Some of the songs that were shaping my musical landscape as a kid:

Another One Bites The Dust, Bohemian Rhapsody, We are the Champions, We Will Rock You, Killer Queen...

& I can keep going, but Somebody to Love is so damn good

One of their best, it gets stuck in my head all the time

This one gave me hope that maybe I would find that lady someday

And the ending is triumphant - it's as if we just won it all together

That's a sign of a good song - if it can make you feel a bit better after listening to it