Monday, June 10, 2019

Rollin' Stone by Muddy Waters

Well, I wish I was a catfish,
Swimmin in a oh, deep, blue sea
I would have all you good lookin women,
Fishin, fishin after me
Sure 'nough, a-after me
Sure 'nough, a-after me
Oh 'nough, oh 'nough, sure 'nough
I went to my baby's house,
And I sit down oh, on her steps
She said, "C'mon in now, Muddy
You know, my husband just now left
Sure 'nough, he just now left
Sure 'nough, he just now left
Oh Lord, oh well, oh well
Well, my mother told my father,
Just before hmmm, I was born,
"I got a boy child's comin',
Gonna be, he gonna be a rollin' stone,
Sure 'nough, he's a rollin' stone
Sure 'nough, he's a rollin' stone"
Oh well he's a, oh well he's a, oh well he's a
Well, I feel, yes I feel,
Feel that I could lay down oh, time ain't long
I'm gonna catch the first thing smokin',
Back, back down the road I'm goin'
Back down the road I'm goin'
Back down the road I'm goin'
Sure 'nough back, sure 'nough back


3 comments:

Aaron said...

No. If he was a catfish the only thing fishing after him would be be hillbilly men. Catfish is the food of ignorant southern types. And hot single women don’t spend their time fishing. Sorry Charlie. This dude is going to get shot someday by a jealous husband. But I suppose we all have to die someday. So I approve. Muddy waters was good. I wonder if that was his real name. I respect his mom for naming him muddy.

Dan Tschirhart said...

Muddy Waters has some cool tunes

I've always enjoyed 'The Blues had a baby and they named it Rock n' Roll'

This song has a great groove

He had a big influence on the Rolling Stones

- I mean they did name themselves after one of his songs after all

Catfish are scary though

They can grow up to 10 to 16 feet long and have been known to eat people in India

They get a taste for the funeral corpses that are put in the river

And after that, there are no rules , they start eating live prey

Just when you thought it was safe to get back in the river...

Pirate Aggro said...

Yes I've heard that in the south people noodle for catfish which is where a big fat white dude gets in the water with nothin but his shorts on and feels around under logs and rocks for catfish and then pulls them out. Well sometimes one of those dudes will duck under water to feel underneath a log and don't never come up again and some gigantic catfish has a full belly.