Sunday, May 09, 2021

Give Your Hands to Struggle by Sweet Honey in the Rock

If you see me stumble,
Don’t stand back and look on,
Reach out now, baby,
Give your hands to struggle.
Give your hands to struggle
Give your hands to struggle,
Give your hands to struggle,
Give your hands to struggle.
Ba-ya-ya ba
Ba-ya-ya ba
Ba-ya-ya ba
Ba-ya-ya ba
Ba-ya-ya ba
Ba-ya-ya ba
Ba-ya-ya ba
Ba-ya-ya ba

If you feel my heart break
Don’t just count the sound waves
Hold me close now, baby
Give your arms to struggle.

If you see me crying
Don’t just pat my shoulder
Help me go on, right on
Give your strength to struggle.

If you hear my love song
Don’t stand back and listen
Help me sing it right now
Give your voice to struggle.

Then we’ll be moving
We’ll be really moving
Building up our union
If we give our all to struggle.

I WILL IF I CAN... I WILL IF I CAN... I WILL IF i CAN...

2 comments:

Pirate Aggro said...

There will always be struggle.

Aaron said...

you know how the 40's 50's 60's 70's and 80's all had a very distinct look and feel to those decades. and i always thought that the 90's kinda lacked it's own style. but looking back i now see that the 90's did have some things that made it unique. this band is one of them. i doubt we will ever see such uniqueness in our eras though.

yes. there will always be struggle. and i predict much much more of it moving forward.

sad.

i would give my hands to struggle but i need them to operate the remote control on my tv.