Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Liar by Built to Spill

 I wouldn't be a liar

No, I wouldn't be a liarIf I told you thatI wouldn't be a liarWhen things are all you think ofAnd plans are all you makeAnd thoughts are all you dream ofYour falls are all you takeLook out, the world's destroying youRelax, it isn't fairMother nature's dispositionShe don't mind, she don't careShe don't mind, she don't careAnd I wouldn't be a liarNo, I wouldn't be a liarIf I told you thatI wouldn't be a liarPassing over, passions pourPassing everythingI wouldn't be a liarNo, I wouldn't be a liarIf I told you thatIt takes up all of your lifeThese decisions you makeIt takes up all of a dayMaking them allWell, outside on the patioThe piano's weeping tooForget about it all for a little whileShe don't mind, she don't careShe don't mind, she don't careShe don't mind, she don't careAnd I wouldn't be a liarNo, I wouldn't be a liarIf I told you thatI wouldn't be a liarYou see, it seems minor to meYou see, it seems minor to meYou see, it seems minor to meYou see, it seems minor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it’s true Mother Nature don’t give two shits about us. Live your life. Enjoy it while you can. It’s over sooner than you would think. In the meantime all the trouble and stress is only in your head. I wish I could make that intellectual realization and make it real to my actions. Sad.