Monday, February 13, 2023

On My Own by Patti LaBelle and Michel McDonald

 Hmm... hmm... hmm... ha

So many times said it was foreverSaid our love would always be trueSomething in my heart always knew I'd be lying here beside you...On my own...On my own...On my own...So many promises never to be spoken
Now I know what loving you costNow we're up to talking divorce and we weren't even married...On my own... once again... now...One more time... by... myselfNo one said it was easyNo-no-no ooh noBut it once was so easy
Well I believe (I believe) in love (In love)
Now here I stand...I wonder whyOoh...
I'm on my ownWhy did it end this way?
This wasn't how it was supposed to be...(On my own...)
I wish that we could do it all againSo many times know I could talk toLosing you it cut like a knife
HeyYou walked out and there went my lifeI don't want to live without you...On my own...This wasn't how it was supposed to end
On my own...I wish that we could do it all againOn my own...I never dreamed I'd would spend one night alone
By myself...Oh... oh... oh... oh...On... my own...I've got to find where I belong again(On my own...)I've got to learn to be strong again(On my own...)I never dreamed I'd spend one night alone(By myself)By myself by myselfI... woo...I've got to find out what was mine again(On my own...)My heart is saying that it's time again(On my own...)And I... have faith that I will shine...By myself... againOh-oh-oh-oh-oh-ohI... (on my own...) have faith... (on my own...) in me...(By myself)By myself by myself



3 comments:

Aaron said...

split screen is a lot harder to pull off when you are in a 4:3 aspect ratio.

this dude was the lead singer of the Doobie Brothers. I just recently watched the two part episode of What's Happening with the Doobie Brothers. "Which Doobie do you be?" Such a rad episode. Rerun is such a fool and gets convinced to secretly record their concert. then girates too hard in the front row and his tape recorder falls to the floor and the concert stops. Silly Rerun.

I really love this lady's hair in the video. Also, I'm sad they can't be together. I would be curious to hear what they had to say to each other.

Pirate Aggro said...

I had no idea he was with the Doobie Brothers. All I know is that Michael Douglas's character in Romancing the Stone was supriesed to read they broke in a magazine he finds in a drug plane they find that had apparently gone down years ago. I think the dude looks like Mike with a beard.

Dan Tschirhart said...

I remember those episodes well

What was Rerun thinking?

You can't cut a jig when you're taping the gig - everybody knows that

Michael McDonald was all over the radio in the 70's/80's

You couldn't get away from him

Not only was he singing with the Doobies and this duet

But he sang back up on 'This is It' with Kenny Loggins

And 'Ride Like the Wind' with Christopher Cross

Which reminds me of a family road trip when I was young

Casey Kasem just kept saying his name as we listened to American Top 40

I remember this song - her hair in this video is truly amazing

My favorite track by the Doobie's has always been 'Black Water'

Oh and The Isley Brothers to a great cover of the Doobie's 'Listen to the Music'