Monday, February 27, 2023

Making Our Dreams Come True by Cyndi Gimbel

 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, Schlameal Schlamazel Hazzen Pfeffer Incorporated

We're gonna do it Give us any chance we'll take it Read us any rule we'll break it We're gonna make our dreams come true Doin' it our way Nothing's gonna turn us back now Straight ahead and on the track now We're gonna make our dreams come true Doin' it our way There's nothing we won't try Never heard the word impossible This time there's no stoppin' us We're gonna do it On your mark get set and go now Got a dream and we just know now We're gonna make that dream come true And we'll do it our way Yes our way Make all our dreams come true And we'll do it our way Yes our way Make all our dreams come true For me and you

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never really got into this show as a kid. I liked the theme song but the show never really had much for me to like. I kinda liked the Lenny and squiggy characters but something about two ladies living in Milwaukee just didn’t resonate with a kid from Fort Collins. I wonder if the show is any good. I want to watch it now and see if it holds up. Michael McKenon is in it. That’s something. Also I think this show was in the same universe as happy days. Also the opening has the word hassenfeffer. I wonder what it means.

Dan Tschirhart said...

I remember this show would come on at 3 and Happy Days was on at 3:30 every weekday

So I would catch the tail end of this show sometimes before I got my Happy Days fix

Lenny and Squiggy were great, but otherwise the show was kinda boring

They did live in the same universe though, because they made guest spots on a few episodes

The theme song was actually the best part - so positive and upbeat in contrast to the dreariness of Milwaukee

Johnny Cash did a cover of it for a Nissan commercial about 20 years ago

And there's a punk version of this song that's pretty good by No Use For A Name

~ I'd always wondered too, so I looked it up

Hasenpfeffer is a German rabbit stew

Hase is German for 'hare' and Pfeffer is German for 'pepper'

But in culinary terms, 'pepper' is referring to all the spices used in the dish

Now we all should have remembered this, because it's in a Looney Tunes cartoon

It's the episode where Yosemite Sam is the palace cook and the king orders him to make Hasenpfeffer

Sam has no clue, so upon learning what it is from the book of recipes

Sam tries to catch Bugs Bunny to make the meal

I haven't seen this episode in ages, so this was a fun refresher

I have a rabbit that lives nearby in the woods - his name is Hoppy