Friday, March 24, 2023

Fidelity by Regina Spektor

 Shake it up

I never loved nobody fullyAlways one foot on the groundAnd by protecting my heart trulyI got lostIn the sounds
I hear in my mindAll of these voicesI hear in my mindAll of these wordsI hear in my mindAll of this musicAnd it breaks my heartAnd it breaks my heartAnd it breaks my ha-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah-aartAnd it breaks my ha-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah-aart
Suppose I never, ever met youSuppose we never fell in loveSuppose I never ever let youKiss me so sweetAnd so sah-ah-ah-ah-oft
Suppose I never, ever saw youSuppose we never, ever calledSuppose I kept on singin' love songsJust to breakMy own fallJust to break my fa-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah-aallJust to break my fa-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah-aallJust to break my fa-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah-aallBreak my fallBreak my fall
All my friends sayThat of courseIt's gonna get be'erGonna get be'erBe'er, be'er, be'er, be'erBetter, better, better, ohhh...
I never loved nobody fullyAlways one foot on the groundAnd by protecting my heart trulyI got lostIn the sounds
I hear in my mindAll of these voicesI hear in my mindAll of these wordsI hear in my mindAll of this musicAnd it breaks my heartAnd it breaks my heart
I hear in my mindAll of these voicesI hear in my mindAll of these wordsI hear in my mindAll of this musicAnd it breaks my heartAnd it breaks my heartIt breaks my ha-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah-aartAnd it breaks my ha, ah, ah, ah, artAnd it breaks my ha-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah-aartAnd it breaks my heartBreaks my heartAnd it breaks my heartAnd it breaks my heartAnd it breaks my heartAnd it breaks my heart

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I had no idea there was a music video to this song. I also realized this video was posted 16 years ago. Holy Shit. I think of Regina Spector as a new artist. Man. Time goes by too fuckin fast. I used to LOVE this song. I never knew what she looked like. She is nothing how I imagined her. Also the dude in the video has no head. I was sad to see him get a face at the end. Also I ams guessing the director was a little disappointed with the ending with all that colored chalk powder. I think they were going for this “I’m gonna bring color into this black and white world for you”. I imagine they were seeing all kinds of bright beautiful saturated colors but when they mixed them all together it just turned into a dark color of blah. She had another song that I loved too. She made me happy as a young man.