Saturday, September 02, 2023

Lets Get Drunk (and Screw) by Jimmy Buffett

 I really do appreciate the fact you're sittin' here

Your voice sounds so wonderfulBut yer face don't look too clearSo bar maid bring a pitcher, another round o' brewHoney, why don't we get drunk and screw
Why don't we get drunk and screwI just bought a water bed, it's filled up for me and youThey say you are a snuff queenHoney I don't think that's trueSo, why don't we get drunk and screw[Chorus]Why don't we get drunk and screwI just bought a waterbed it's filled up for me and youThey say you are a snuff queenHoney I don't think that's trueSo why don't we get drunk and screwYeah, now baby I say, (Lord!)Why don't we get drunk and screw



3 comments:

Dan Tschirhart said...

I remember my dad had two of his albums 'Havana Daydream' and 'Songs You Know By Heart'

'Cheeseburger in Paradise' was one that always stuck with me

"Margaritaville' was another gem

I remember singing 'Volcano' at a Young Life gathering in high school

I'd have to say it was Buffet, Weird Al and Dr Demento that taught me it was ok to write funny songs

He once described his music as "drunken Caribbean rock 'n' roll"

He also had cameos in many a film - He was another agent in 'Repo Man' and he was a shoe stealing pirate in 'Hook'

And he was a running tourist with Margaritas in his hands in 'Jurassic World'

Anonymous said...

I wonder how many times margaritaville was played in bars and nightclubs throughout the world this weekend. Many many many I suppose.
Scott’s uncle always reminded me of jimmy buffet. Many white men are sad this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Excellent Mr. Tschirhart. (Tenting fingers). I am glad you return to the fold. Your insights are most insightful.