Monday, February 26, 2024

Crying, Laughing, Loving, Lying By Labi Siffre

 Crying

Crying never did nobody no good, no how
That's why I don't cryThat's why I don't cry
LaughingLaughing sometimes does somebody some good somehowThat's why I'm laughing nowThat's why I'm laughing now
LovingLoving never did me no good, no how, no howThat's why I can't love you nowThat's why I can't love you now
LyingLying never did nobody no good, no how, no howSo why am I lying now?So why am I lying now?
So why am I lying now?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of this dude. I strongly disagree with him. Crying always makes you feel better. There is that awesome song on the free to be you and me album called it’s alright to cry. Crying gets the sad out of you. It might make you feel better.

Dan Tschirhart said...

I disagree as well when it comes to crying - sometimes a good cry is just what you need

It can be a sweet release that nothing else can quite reach

It's funny you mentioned it - I got 'Free To Be You And Me' for Christma last year on CD

My sister and I listened to that album a lot as kids - a true classic - and the crying song is on point

Labi Siffre's song 'Bless the Telephone' is one of my favorites