Wednesday, February 14, 2024

God Only Knows by The Beach Boys

 I may not always love you

But long as there are stars above youYou never need to doubt itI'll make you so sure about it
God only knows what I'd be without youIf you should ever leave meThough life would still go on believe meThe world could show nothing to meSo what good would living do me
God only knows what I'd be without youGod only knows what I'd be without youIf you should ever leave meWell life would still go on believe meThe world could show nothing to meSo what good would living do me
God only knows what I'd be without youGod only knows what I'd be without youGod only knowsGod only knows what I'd be without youGod only knows what I'd be without youGod only knowsGod only knows what I'd be without youGod only knows what I'd be without youGod only knowsGod only knows what I'd be without youGod only knows what I'd be without youGod only knowsGod only knows what I'd be without youGod only knows what I'd be without youGod only knowsGod only knows what I'd be without youGod only knows what I'd be without youGod only knowsGod only knows what I'd be without you

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This song is so good. It sounds so full. I think they used this song for the opening of Big Love. The video of this song was made recently. It doesn’t make me happy. This song needs no video. It’s just perfect

Dan Tschirhart said...

I certainly wouldn't want to see the video for this song

The great songs don't need them

MTV was great and awful at the same time

As it ruined many great songs by forcing a video into the collective conscious

Now this song has been dubbed as one of the greatest of all time

Paul McCartney says it's the "greatest song ever written" and he's one of many

It was recorded by 20 some session musicians in a room that wasn't made for 20

Starting at 12:30 in the morning on March 10th 1966

They used sleigh bells, plastic orange juice cups, clarinets, flutes, strings, French horn, accordion, guitars, upright bass,

harpsichord, and empty orange juice cartons, to name a few

It came out as the B side to Wouldn't It Be Nice, but many reversed the order and it became a forever favorite

It was also used in the movies 'Love Actually' and 'Boogie NIghts'

But it's been used a few times in the soundtrack of my life, and those are my favorite