Sunday, August 07, 2016

Brazil by Pink Martini

Brazil, when stars were entertaining June,
We stood beneath an amber moon
And softly murmured someday soon...
We kissed and clung together

Then - tomorrow was another day
The morning found us miles away
With still a million things to say.
And now, when twilight dims the skies above
Recalling thrills of our love
There's one thing I'm certain of...
Return, I will, to old Brazil.

Brazil, when stars were entertaining June,
We stood beneath an amber moon
And softly murmured someday soon...
We kissed and clung together

Then - tomorrow was another day
The morning found us miles away
With still a million things to say.
And now when twilight dims the skies above
Recalling thrills of our love there's one thing
I'm certain of... Return, I will, to old Brazil.

U-S-A... U-S-A!... U-S-A!... U-S-A!

3 comments:

Aaron said...

Romantic song. Great album. Used to love this album so much. Used to make me so happy. Love the line "then tomorrow was another day the morning found us miles away". Such a perfect way to describe youth. The magic and thrills of being young and in love with life. So sad.

Dan Tschirhart said...

I saw these guys in concert once and it was a great show

Great song

Brazil is the 5th largest country in the world

It's named after a tree

I love the fact that the country shuts down for Carnival, so from Friday to Tuesday before Ash Wednesday they party day and night

Brazil the movie is a bizarre film, but it's by a Python, so it gets my vote

I'm not crazy about the nut, but that's just me

Pirate Aggro said...

I saw them in concert too and they were great. What I know about Brazil I read in my parents encyclopedia britanica. They had the whole series. A - Z. From the early 60s. I learned that they were under a dictatorship. I learned they export bananas. I learned there is a giant Jesus standing on the top of a mountain.

"Brazil, where the nuts come from." That's a line from Charlie's Aunt I think. or maybe the Importance of Being Earnest.

What this song reminds me most of is the movie Brazil. Such a great movie from a great director.