Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Is This Love by Bob Marley

I wanna love you and treat you right;
I wanna love you every day and every night:
We'll be together with a roof right over our heads;
We'll share the shelter of my single bed;
We'll share the same room, yeah! - for Jah provide the bread.
Is this love - is this love - is this love -
Is this love that I'm feelin'?
Is this love - is this love - is this love -
Is this love that I'm feelin'?
I wanna know - wanna know - wanna know now!
I got to know - got to know - got to know now!

I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I - I'm willing and able,
So I throw my cards on your table!
I wanna love you - I wanna love and treat - love and treat you right;
I wanna love you every day and every night:
We'll be together, yeah! - with a roof right over our heads;
We'll share the shelter, yeah, oh now! - of my single bed;
We'll share the same room, yeah! - for Jah provide the bread.

Is this love - is this love - is this love -
Is this love that I'm feelin'?
Is this love - is this love - is this love -
Is this love that I'm feelin'?
Wo-o-o-oah! Oh yes, I know; yes, I know - yes, I know now!
Yes, I know; yes, I know - yes, I know now!

I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I - I'm willing and able,
So I throw my cards on your table!
See: I wanna love ya, I wanna love and treat ya -
love and treat ya right.
I wanna love you every day and every night:
We'll be together, with a roof right over our heads!
We'll share the shelter of my single bed;
We'll share the same room, yeah! Jah provide the bread.
We'll share the shelter of my single bed -

DUDE IN A MONTH OR TWO YOU ARE GOING TO WISH YOU HAD A BIGGER BED. A SINGLE BED FOR TWO IS OKAY FOR A WHILE BUT THEN YOU GET TO THE POINT WHERE YOU NEED SOME SPACE. BTW THERE IS A FAMOUS SUPERMODEL IN THIS VIDEO. SHE IS ONE OF THE CHILDREN.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

This song takes me back to some happy times. But it's not really love he is feeling? If you have to ask yourself if this is love it ain't love. But it is the kind of love most people are used to. A love that is based on certain conditions. But still it is a happy time, and it does feel exciting to be in that kind of bliss. And as far as giddy songs about love go this is one of the best ones. I used to listen to this album over and over when I was I kid. One of my brothers had the LP and I LOVED it. That record had a different version of buffalo solder on it. When the cd came out for some reason they swapped the fast version on the record for a slower version. Always made me sad. I have never been able to find that version anywhere.



Dan Tschirhart said...

My dad had this album too - it was on a regular rotation in the living room over on Osprey Ct.

I enjoyed that 'Could you be loved' was also on the album, (another favorite)

So first he's asking if he can even be loved, then he asks if it is love...

And then 3 little birds come along and say every little thing's gonna be alright

This also reminds me of a trip I took to Florida when my Uncle Jeff introduced me to Bob's album 'Kaya'

That is another fantastic Marley album

This song does bring back the happy feels though, but his songs usually do






Pirate Aggro said...

Whilst doing my background research on this post I found that Marley could have lived to be an old man if he would have agreed to have his little toe amputated. You see that's where the cancer started. But he wouldn't because Rasta forbids cutting hair and flesh. I have always thought Rasta was a free love kind of religion but it aint. Its strict. No meat of any kind. No shaving, thus the dreads which look pretty awesome. And, as I found out no lifesaving surgery. Sad. I love Bob. We need more like him. But he left middle earth with all the other elves.