Saturday, August 25, 2018

Sabotage by Beasty Boys

I can't stand it I know you planned it
I'm gonna set it straight, this watergate
I can't stand rocking when I'm in here
Because your crystal ball ain't so crystal clear
So while you sit back and wonder why
I got this fucking thorn in my side
Oh my God, it's a mirage
I'm tellin' y'all it's sabotage

So listen up 'cause you can't say nothin'
You'll shut me down with a push of your button?
But yo I'm out and I'm gone
I'll tell you now I keep it on and on

'Cause what you see you might not get
And we can bet so don't you get souped yet
You're scheming on a thing that's a mirage
I'm trying to tell you now it's sabotage

Why; our backs are now against the wall
Listen all of y'all it's a sabotage
Listen all of y'all it's a sabotage
Listen all of y'all it's a sabotage
Listen all of y'all it's a sabotage

I can't stand it, I know you planned it
But I'm gonna set it straight this watergate
But I can't stand rockin' when I'm in this place
Because I feel disgrace because you're all in my face
But make no mistakes and switch up my channel
I'm Buddy Rich when I fly off the handle
What could it be, it's a mirage
You're scheming on a thing - that's sabotage 


AN HOMAGE TO WHEN COP SHOWS WERE ACTUALLY RAD

3 comments:

Aaron said...

This is not an homage to 70’s cop shows. If it were the music would actually be good. This is not music. It is rubbish. And loud. Lame. The music from 70’s tv was awesome. Well trained, professionals getting funky. So the video doesn’t match. This doesn’t work. Clearly they are having fun but it is just embarrassing to watch.

Dan Tschirhart said...

I remember the first time I saw this video

I was in a room with Waz, Andy & Aaron Arnold

Waz was in hysterics

We all were - it was genius

It was a cool homage, but we grew up with the Beastie Boys, so the humor was familiar

But, lighten up Francis - geez

Now I've always been a big fan of these guys - saw them in concert twice, second time at Red Rocks

They put on a hell of a show, plus they could play own their instruments

And they played the hell out of them

This song was always fun to see in concert, because the crowd just went crazy

One of those moments at a concert where it's as if a bolt of energy just went through every single person in the crowd

Good times

'Paul's Boutique' & 'Check Your Head' are two of my favorite albums of all

But all of their stuff is great

There was no one quite like the Beastie Boys

They cut their own groove that we happily danced and sang along to

Pirate Aggro said...

They are indeed cool blokes. Don't worry about Francis. He gets off on negativity. But your comments are appreciated since Francis is basically a poorly programed chatbot.