Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Gone Daddy Gone by The Violent Femmes

 Beautiful girl lovely dress

High school smiles oh yesBeautiful girl lovely dressWhere she is now I can only guess
'Cause it's gone daddy goneThe love is goneGone daddy goneThe love is gone away'Cause it's gone daddy goneYour love is goneGone daddy goneThe love is gone away
When I see youEyes will turn blueWhen I see youThousand eyes turnin' blue
'Cause it's gone daddy goneThe love is goneGone daddy goneThe love is gone awayYeah it's gone daddy goneYour love is goneGone daddy goneThe love is gone away
Tell by the way you that you switch and walkI can see by the way that you baby talkI can know by the way you treat your manI can love you baby til it's a cryin'
'Cause it's gone daddy goneYour love is goneGone daddy goneThe love is goneGone daddy goneThe love is goneYeah it's gone daddy goneThe love is gone
Beautiful girl lovely dressFifteen smiles oh yesBeautiful girl lovely dressWhere she is now I can only guess
'Cause it's gone daddy goneYour love is goneGone daddy goneThe love is goneGone daddy goneThe love is goneYeah it's gone daddy goneThe love is gone away

2 comments:

Dan Tschirhart said...

This song reminds me of rehearsing/performing Brigadoon over at Poudre

I was really into this song at the time, so I have a few memories burned into my brain

The burnt arm probably helped as well

Great song, two xylophone solos, one of my favorites on the album

This album is epic, of course

I remember my sophomore year, Tom Van Skyke and Chad ? told me I had to listen to it

I am forever grateful

I've been listening to an album a day for a while now, but when I started, this album was the 4th one I picked

One of those albums where you pretty much know every word to every song

Anonymous said...

Listening to an album every day is an amazing thing to do. I wish I would do it. Maybe I will. Dan is an amazing person. His love of music makes me happy. This song is indeed a great one. Filled with many memories. Gordan Gano is an easy dude to impersonate. Sad they all had to turn Christian. I think Bob Dylan dabbled in Christianity. But it was a moment of madness.