Wednesday, November 30, 2022

WKRP In Cincinnati by Richard Cheese

 Baby, if you've ever wondered,

Wondered whatever became of me,
I'm livin' on the air in Cincinnati,
Cincinnati, WKRP

Got kinda tired of packin' and unpackin',
Town to town, up and down the dial
Maybe you and me were never meant to be,
Just maybe think of me once in awhile.

Heading up that highway, leaving you behind
Hardest thing I ever had to do
Broke my heart in two, but baby, pay no mind
The price for finding me was losing you

Memories help me hide my lonesome feelin'
Far away from you and feelin' low
It's gettin' late my friend, my love, I miss you so
Take good care of you, I've gotta go

Baby, if you've ever wondered
Wondered whatever became of me
I'm living on the air in Cincinnati, Cincinnati, WKRP

Got kinda tired of packin' and unpackin',
Town to town, up and down the dial
Maybe you and me were never meant to be,
Just maybe think of me once in awhile.

I'm at WKRP in Cincinnati

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa. I didn’t know this was an actual song. It reeks of the sound of the 70’s. I don’t even think it would be possible to recreate a recording from the 70’s. It has some. Mysterious sound that you can only get from that time. I never watched this show. It never intrigued me. I may have been too young. But the dude from this show was also in spinal tap. I can’t wait till the spinal tap sequel comes out. Next year. Also Indy 5 comes out next year. Glory.

Dan Tschirhart said...

There is definitely a 70's sound that is most unique

Now besides the campus, Laramie is forever trapped in the 70's

So perhaps if you went and recorded something in the heart of that wrinkle in time, you might recapture the magic

I never watched this show either

A 1970's sitcom about a radio station in Cincinnati

I'd hate to hear the pitches that didn't make the cut when this show got the green light

Eeeh - back to loch with you Nessie

I remember Johnny Fever and Venus Fly Trap were cool, Les Nessman was a boob

~ the infamous turkey episode, and Loni Anderson of course

But I can't say I ever sat through an entire episode

Not my cup of Folgers

I am most excited for the Spinal Tap sequel