Saturday, November 05, 2022

I'll Be Seeing You by Billie Holiday

 I'll be seeing you

In all the old familiar placesThat this heart of mine embracesAll day through
In that small cafeThe park across the wayThe children's carouselThe chestnut treesThe wishing well
I'll be seeing youIn every lovely summer's dayIn everything that's light and gayI'll always think of you that way
I'll find you in the morning sunAnd when the night is newI'll be looking at the moonBut I'll be seeing you
I'll be seeing youIn every lovely summer's dayIn everything that's light and gayI'll always think of you that way
I'll find you in the morning sunAnd when the night is newI'll be looking at the moonBut I'll be seeing you

2 comments:

Aaron said...

what an awesome song. makes me happy. nobody heard this song when it was played. sad. i'd like to think that some alien civilazation intercepted the transmission and is now planning an attack on the earth. I hope they come before the 2024 election.

sad


Dan Tschirhart said...

Billie Holiday was a treasure and her version of this song is considered the standard

It was actually written for a 1938 Broadway musical called 'Right This Way'

It became the theme music for Liberace's 1950's tv show

Johnny Carson asked Stevie Wonder to sing it to him to close out his 30 year run on The Tonight Show