Wednesday, January 04, 2023

January On Lake Street by Atmosphere

 The doors open

My left foot sitting on the drivewayYou lookin' at me sidewaysYou tryna predict what I might sayBut my mind ain't here now, I'm thinking 'bout the highwayGone with the gustSing songs for the bombs that fall in the duskWe all want a little too muchTryna clutch anything close enough to touchAnd if I had the meansI would never be the mascot of y'll teamY'll judging trialsI'm shoveling milesWanna go home and try to grow a couple of smilesSo I shift to the capital NIt happened before and it'll happen againRoll backwards into the streetNow talk amongst yourselves but try to keep it on beatI got at least ten minutes to liveYou not a thief just simulativeThere's no need to be a difficult finishYou can see you ain't the only one considering getting it inClaim that you ain't afraid to dieThen why are you afraid to fly?You better face the heightsGet your bravery stripes or get your name deniedCause you was waiting for a safer rideGod bless I set up the bricksStep through the mess didn't wreck the kicksDreamt that I lept off the edge of the ciffCame back said the bodies up in heaven were thickChanging lanes and re-arranging lifeI ain't tryna chase a trail of tail-lightsManage pain to get the placement rightStand up straight when you say goodnight
And each broken glass shows a different viewI deal the truth y'll pick and chooseThis ain't a game for you to win or loseBut I, never been in your shoesBut I, never make supper with suckersIt ain't nothing if it ain't about hungerYou think you cuttin' the lumberAnd I would love to be a fly on the cupboardWhenever that bubble rupturesAnd even when we save the dayWe never do it believing that we don't make mistakesYou don't need to recognize my faceI'm trying to fly through time and spaceToo late to erase meWith the windows down, January on Lake StreetPoppa got a brand new can of paintPut your hands in the air like you work at the bank

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riding a skateboard down the middle of a winding car parking lot is super dangerous. If a car was coming up you wouldn’t see it until it was too late. But the skateboarder dude didn’t look like the kind of person who would care. Teenagers are stupid. Fact. Many of the shots looked like stock footage shots and made zero sense. All clowns are stupid and irrelevant. I enjoyed watching the earth get nailed by a huge planet.

Dan Tschirhart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan Tschirhart said...


Skateboarding in parking lots with levels and ramps was dangerous, but they were so much fun

You could really move if you found the right groove

It felt like you were surfing the concrete

But with all the moving cars, we usually just ran into the parked ones

I like Atmosphere - 'You' and 'The Best Day' are great tunes

You can hire a clown in Switzerland to stalk your kid and smash a cake into their face for their birthday

That just sounds like a recipe for therapy if you ask me

I would not like to visit Lake Street either - but 'Lake Street Dive' is a cool band