Saturday, November 25, 2023

The First Song by Band of Horses

I'm shaking awfulI'm shaking-ass coldIn weather remoteSnowfall on
The snowy coverWe'll recover from both
With Christmas time comingHangover approachingWe've been drinking Bordeaux
As Christmas time goesI'm coming overI'm coming from north
I'm already goneI'm wrapping up the presents I bought
An overcoat will take me anywhere, ohWe've suffered enoughIt's scary to leaveWhen they're leaving from workCutting us offKnowing not whyCalling on the telephoneRoy, do I know anyone?

No, I don't know anyone 

PROBABLY ONE OF MY FAVE BANDS BEFORE MY HEARING WENT... AFTER REM OF COURSE...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never even heard of this band. Never heard this song. But I am sad that he associates Christmas with a hangover. There is no need to drink so much that you get sick during Christmas. Sad for him. Also how is an overcoat going to be able to take him anywhere he wants to go? Is it like a magic carpet overcoat ?

Anonymous said...

Well... actually you have heard of them at least 5 other times because that's how many times they have had a song in songtime. But BOING! I forgot! BOING! BOING! Never heard of them. BOING! BOING! BOING!

Dan Tschirhart said...

I just listened to this album last week - been a fan for many a year

This is a great winter song and it reminds me of those days after a big snowstorm

How it felt to come in from the cold, after a day of playing in the snow, and you could barely feel your face

How long it took to take off your coat, hat, gloves and moon boots and maybe even snow pants

And don't forget that you usually had to go to the bathroom too, so this was all done at a frantic pace

Ahh - Good times and the simple problems

Now, when it comes to alcohol and Christmas, we must remember - some people have to drink to deal with family

In fact, this Thanksgiving holiday, they said half of the country went to visit their loved ones

and the other half went to visit their families

Ah cha cha