Sunday, February 22, 2015

All Along the Watchtower by Jimmi Hendrix

"There must be some kind of way out of here, "
Said the joker to the thief,
"There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief.
Business men – they drink my wine
Plowmen dig my earth
None will level on the line
Nobody of it is worth."

"No reason to get excited, "
The thief – he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us
Who feel that life is but a joke
But you and I we've been through that
And this is not our fate
So let us not talk falsely now
The hour's getting late."

All along the watchtower
Princess kept the view
While all the women came
And went bare-foot servants too
Outside in the cold distance
A wild cat did growl
Two riders were approaching
And the wind began to howl, hey.

THERE AINT NO WAY OUT OF HERE

1 comment:

Aaron said...

I have no idea what this song is about. The poetry is too abstract for me to follow. Maybe I'm dumb.