Monday, November 27, 2017

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life by Monty Python

Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad.
Other things just make you swear and curse,
When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, give a whistle,
And this'll help things turn out for the best, hey,
Always look on the bright side of life,
Always look on the light side of life,
If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten,
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps,
Don't be silly chumps,
Just purse you're lips and whistle,
That's the thing.
And, always look on the bright side of life,
Always look on the right side of life,
For life is quite absurd,
An. death's the final word,
You must always face the curtain with a bow,
Forget about your sin,
give the audience a grin,
Enjoy it, it's you last chance of the hour.
So, always look on the bright side of death,
Just before you draw your terminal breath,
Life's a piece o' sh*t,
When you look at it,
Life's a laugh and death's a joke it's true,
You'll see it's all a show,
Keep 'em laughing as you go,
Remember that the last laugh is on you.
And, always look on the bright side of life,
Always look on the right side of life,
Come on, Brian cheer up,
Always look on the bright side of life,
Always look on the right side of life,
Worse things happen at sea, you know,
Always look on the bright side of life,
I mean, what do you have to lose?
You come from nothing,
You go back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!
Always look on the bright side of life.

WOW... I BET THE CATHOLICS HAD A KANIPTION ABOUT THIS ONE... I MEAN THEY LOST THEIR SHIT OVER 'LAST TEMPTATION' AND THAT WAS AT LEAST A RESPECTFUL PORTRAYAL... AT ANY RATE THIS ONE IS DEDICATED TO DAN

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Such a brilliant song. Eric idle did such a good job performing it. The lyrics to this song are actually quite profound and true. Man. This song reminds me there is goodness in the world. Yes. Dan this is for you

Dan Tschirhart said...

When I discovered Monty Python as a kid - I was an instant fan - I was hooked

I would watch their movies/shows whenever they popped up on HBO or PBS as a kid

anything Python - even the Hollywood Bowl special

Many a Laramie summer were spent watching their shows/movies

~ an added bonus was that they always made my whole family laugh

So that made them extra cool

I remember in high school, I sat down one day in the family room on Osprey CT

~and I watched this clip of the movie over and over until I had written all the lyrics to this song

And I've been singing it ever since

So when I got the part of Patsy it all kinda fell into place

My solo of the musical every night was a song I've been singing since I was a kid

How cool is that?

This song has always made me happy

~ and it always will