Monday, November 06, 2017

Kept It All To Myself by The Weather Station

Kept it all to myself
Kept it all to myself
Kept it all to myself

There were days
When the luminescence of the skies
Or the deep brown grasses
Struck me so hard
In the early evening
I can hardly take it
That light feeling

I rode up past St. Clair
Same old city
But it could have been anywhere
And the scent of the air so exotic
Every thought like I never have thought it
And I felt that confidence in me
Like a child in a strange new body

I kept it all to myself
I kept it all to myself
I kept it all to myself

Sometimes I loved you unadulterated, purely
Untouched by doubt or by my memory
Sometimes I loved you
In a shadowed way
Windscreen clearing but still
Streaked with grey

I'VE HAD THIS EXPERIENCE... WHERE SUDDENLY SOMETHING IN THE WORLD IS SO BEAUTIFUL THAT IT IS ALMOST PAINFUL TO LOOK AT... THE LAST TIME I REMEMBER WAS ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO... A CROW EYED ME SUSPICIOUSLY IN THE PARKING LOT LEXT TO WORK... I THOUGHT ABOUT THAT GUY EVERY DAY AFTER UNTIL MY OFFICE MOVED...

3 comments:

Aaron said...

I have had moments like this. Moments that are trapped in time. Moments that stick with you forever. This song captures them. For a brief moment I almost felt something. I almost let go of my hatred and felt something deep. I felt shivers and he urge to cry. Then I clicked the link and saw the video and rage returned to my heart. I will now take out my anger on my kids. Stay away from me

Dan Tschirhart said...

I've heard of this band before, but this is my first listen

Not bad, reminds me a little of Aimie Mann

I know all about keeping it to myself

My Dad taught me well

Osprey Court, at times, was a rather quiet place

As for the lyrics - I've been there before

When you catch those sights between day and dusk

Or those awestruck moments caused by the simplest of things

And then you tell nobody about it

Oh yeah, that's straight up my style

Pirate Aggro said...

JESUS CHRIST!!! WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST THE VIDEO? ITS JUST A FAIRLY ATTRACTIVE GIRL IN 80'S JEANS PLAYING HER GUITAR? Maybe you should cry. It would clean your soul. Maybe you are like that chick in the story who cried diamonds so everyone would tell her sad shit to make her cry but she became hard and finally nothing would make her cry.

I thought of another moment of magic. When I was stopped at the stop light by the Pepsi factory and suddenly I noticed all these swallows darting through the intersection. Maybe I've seen things that were more aesthetically beautiful but nothing more beautiful than that moment.