Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Don't Ask Me No Questions by Lynyrd Skynyrd


Well everytime that I come home nobody wants to let me be
It seems that all the friends I got just got to come interrogate me
Well, I appreciate your feelings and I don't want to pass you by
But I don't ask you about your business, don't ask me about mine

Well its true I love the money and I love my brand new car
I like drinkin' the best of whiskey and playing in a honky tonk bar
But when I come off the road, well I just got to have my time
'Cause I got to find a break in this action, else I'm gonna lose my mind

[Chorus]
So, don't ask me no questions
And I won't tell you no lies
So, don't ask me about my business
And I won't tell you goodbye

That's right

Well, "what's your favorite color and do you dig the brothers," is drivin' me up a wall
And everytime I think I can sleep, some fool has got to call
Well don't you think that when I come home, I just want a little peace of mind
If you want to talk about the business buddy, you're just wastin' time

[Chorus]

I said don't ask no stupid questions and I won't send you away
If you want to talk fishin, well I guess that'll be OK

4 comments:

Aaron said...

Never heard this song. It’s very specific. Not great as far as songs go but I do love the lyrics. Yes. I certainly do feel the same way. I hate talking to people about stupid shit. I am way more comfortable with just silence. Doesn’t make it strange at all. Most people find it awkward to not talk. Not me. I love it. Let’s not fucking talk. We just gonna talk about stupid shit anyway. Silence. Yes.

Dan Tschirhart said...

Yeah I've never really been a fan of southern rock for the most part...meh

Except for maybe CCR, The Black Crowes & Alabama Shakes, the list is pretty forgettable

I might have missed a couple

There are good bands that come from the south though - like REM

But they're not Southern rock music

I do agree with the lyrics though

Sometimes you just gotta get away

Decompress

Enjoy the silence

Although let me be clear

~ I have no desire whatsoever to talk about fishin'

Pirate Aggro said...

The last time I was on a plane I sat down and thought I had the row to my self. Nu-uh. An old man and woman sat down next to me. And as I found out in their detailed and far ranging conversation they did not know each other at all before the flight. But by God they talked as if they were life long friends reunited after one of them was held hostage by the Taliban for 10 years. They talked non-stop the whole way. There are two things I like to do when I fly somewhere. Sleep and read. Mostly sleep. I want to be ignored except for the splash of coke they give you an hour after you order it. Mostly this is because I can't hear. I am also shy. I am a flower. Just a little desert flower.

Aaron said...

If people try to talk to me on a plane I shut them down fast. It hasn’t happened in a long time. Stay the fuck away