Sunday, November 05, 2017

Denis by Blondie

Oh Denis doo-be-do
I'm in love with you, Denis doo-be-do
I'm in love with you, Denis doo-be-do
I'm in love with you
Denis Denis, oh with your eyes so blue
Denis Denis, I've got a crush on you
Denis Denis, I'm so in love with you

Oh when we walk it always feels so nice
And when we talk it seems like paradise
Denis Denis I'm so in love with you

You're my king and I'm in heaven every time I look at you
When you smile it's like a dream
And I'm so lucky 'cause I found a boy like you

Denis Denis, avec tes yeux si bleux
Denis Denis, moi j'ai flashe a nous deux
Denis Denis, un grand baiser d'eternite

Denis Denis, je suis si folle de toi
Denis Denis, oh embrasse-moi ce soir
Denis Denis, un grand baiser d'eternite

Oh Denis doo-be-do
I'm in love with you, Denis doo-be-do
I'm in love with you, Denis doo-be-do
I'm in love with you

YOU GOT TO ADMIT SOME OF THE LOOKS IN THE 70'S WERE PRETTY HOT... THAT WAS IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWED BY THE 80'S WHERE I GUESS PEOPLE DECIDED 'WE ARE GOING TO DO ANYTHING TO APPEAR UNATTRACTIVE TO THE OPPOSITE SEX'

3 comments:

Dan Tschirhart said...

I know I sure had a crush on Blondie when I was kid

My sister had her album, Vanity 6, and the Go Go's

So those were probably my first musical crushes

But as I said earlier - I saw her in concert with the Ramones

Yeah it was the tail end of her career, but she still had the pipes

A couple of years ago, Pat Benatar played at New West Fest, and she can still belt it herself

Love is a battlefield indeed

I'd say Blondie's best songs were Heart of Glass , One Way or Another, Tide is High, Call Me, and Rapture

Rapture was cool cause she quasi-rapped in part of it

I believe this song was one of her first hits

You can tell because in the video she's hasn't shaped her powerful stage presence yet

Denis is bubblegum pop, but this song was only the beginning




Aaron said...

If this is a dude she is pronouncing his name wrong. It sounds female. But I won’t be mad at her. What a rad video. I love her swimming suit. And gold microphone.

Pirate Aggro said...

She is still beautiful. I saw a pick of her and she looks like a Marilyn Monroe.