Saturday, March 03, 2018

I'm Eighteen by Alice Cooper

Lines form on my face and hands
Lines form from the ups and downs
I'm in the middle without any plans
I'm a boy and I'm a man

I'm eighteen and I don't know what I want
Eighteen I just don't know what I want
Eighteen I gotta get away
I gotta get out of this place
I'll go runnin' in outer space oh yeah

I got a baby's brain and an old man's heart took eighteen years to get this far
Don't always know what I'm talkin' about feels like I'm livin' in the middle of doubt

'Cause I'm eighteen I get confused every day eighteen I just don't know what to say
Eighteen I gotta get away

Whoa lines form on my face and my hands
Lines form on the left and right
I'm in the middle the middle of life
I'm a boy and I'm a man

I'm eighteen and I like it
Yes I like it
Oh I like it love it like it love it
Eighteen eighteen eighteen eighteen and I like it

2 comments:

Aaron said...

It’s funny that the lines on his hands and face are worrying him. Funny since he won’t even come into his physical peak till he is 28. He won’t really have real aging lines till he is 40. Silly little stupid teenager. Actually if you are Alice cooper you will start aging at 18 from all the heavy rock and roll lifestyle. So nevermind.

Dan Tschirhart said...

My early memories of Alice Cooper were the song 'School's Out' for Summer

and him with a snake in one of his early videos

Apparently he's done a decent amount of B movies - who knew

Ah to be 18 - we thought we knew everything and it would be different with us

So naive

'What a drag it is getting old'

But on a brighter side, 'Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been'

I need to smile more, we all do