Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Dahl Parts by The Theater Fire

One day I walked into a butcher's shop

They shackled me
And now all was out 
Upside down on the production line
Floating along, until its my time

My pockets jingle empty to the sky
With cloven footed passersby
At last he sees me in his bloodstained coat
I'm rescued now, but he goes for my throat!

Now the blood is coming down
All I think of is the sound
Of the grinding machine
Like a waterfall of red
A conveyor belt instead of Saint Peter's way

2 comments:

Dan Tschirhart said...

Cool song

So I'm assuming it's from the perspective of the pig

Unless you've got a Sweeney Todd thing going on

Or the pigs are butchering the humans - I can't believe it's not bacon

The tenants that took over the lease on Lyons St. had a big pot-bellied pig as a pet

I heard things did not go well



Anonymous said...

Perhaps I will rethink getting my meat from the butcher. From now on I will just purchase the pre packaged stuff. Too risky. I keep wanting to give up meat but it tastes too good.