Sunday, October 02, 2022

Fake Plastic Trees by Radio Head

 Her green plastic watering can

For her fake Chinese rubber plantIn the fake plastic earth
That she bought from a rubber manIn a town full of rubber plansTo get rid of itself
It wears her outIt wears her outIt wears her outIt wears her out
She lives with a broken manA cracked polystyrene manWho just crumbles and burns
He used to do surgeryFor girls in the eightiesBut gravity always wins
And it wears him outIt wears him outIt wears him outIt wears
She looks like the real thingShe tastes like the real thingMy fake plastic love
But I can't help the feelingI could blow through the ceilingIf I just turn and run
And it wears me outIt wears me outIt wears me outIt wears me outAnd if I could be who you wantedIf I could be who you wantedAll the timeAll the time



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. Gravity always wins. And yes. We live in a plastic world. Also I would not enjoy taking these boys grocery shopping. They are too big to be riding in the cart and it’s creepy. Also the dude in the isle was very now legged. He reminded me of Floyed Little. He was a rad running back. I wish it was him.

Dan Tschirhart said...

I remember Andy bought this album when it came out

I was never a huge fan of these guys, but I always liked this song for some reason

The video was rather odd and I wouldn't enjoy going shopping with them either

Too plastic and gangly