Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Homecoming Queen's Got A Gun by Julie Brown

 It was homecoming night at my high school

Everyone was there, it was totally coolI was real excited, I almost wet my jeans'Cause my best friend Debbie was homecoming queen
She looked so pretty in pink chiffon(Chiffon)Riding the float with her tiara on(Tiara on)Holding this humongous bouquet in her hand(Bouquet)She looked straight out of DisneylandYou know, like, the Cinderella rideI mean definitely an E-ticket(E-ticket)
The crowd was cheering, everyone was stoked(Was stoked)I mean it was like the whole school was totally coked or somethingThe band was playing "Evergreen"Then all of a sudden, somebody screamed"Look out—the homecoming queen's got a gun"
Everybody runThe homecoming queen's got a gunEverybody runThe homecoming queen has got a gun
Debbie's smiling and waving her gunPicking off cheerleaders one by oneOh, Buffy's pompom just blew to bitsOh no, Mitzi's head just did the splitsGod, my best friend's on a shooting spreeStop it, Debbie, you're embarrassing meHow could you do what you just didAre you having a really bad period
Everybody runThe homecoming queen's got a gunEverybody runThe homecoming queen has got a gun
(Stop Debbie, you're making a messPowder burns all over your dress)
An hour later, the cops arrivedBy then the entire Glee Club had died—no big lossYou wouldn't believe what they brought to stop herTear gas, machine guns, even a chopper
Debbie didn't listen to what the cop saidShe aimed and fired, and now the math teacher's deadOh, it's really sad, but kind of a reliefI mean, we had this big test coming up next week
Everybody runThe homecoming queen's got a gunEverybody runThe homecoming queen has got a gun
(Debbie's really having a blastShe's wasting half of the class)
The cops fired a warning shot that blew her off the floatI tried to scream "duck" but it stuck in my throatShe hit the ground and did a flip, it was real acrobaticBut I was crying so hard, I couldn't work my InstamaticI ran down to Debbie, I had to find outWhat made her do it, why'd she freak outI saw the bullet had got her right in the earI knew then the end was near
So I ran down and I said, in her good ear"Debbie, why did you do it"She raised her head, smiled, and said"I did it for Johnny"
JohnnyWell, like, who's JohnnyAnswer me, Debbie, who's JohnnyDoes anybody here know JohnnyAre you JohnnyThere was one guy named JohnnyBut he was a total geekHe always had food in his bracesAnswer me, Debbie, who's JohnnyOh god, this is like that movie "Citizen Kane"You know, where you later find out Rosebud was a sledBut we'll never know who Johnny was'Cause, like, she's dead
Everybody runThe homecoming queen's got a gunEverybody runThe homecoming queen has got aEverybody runEverybody runThe homecoming queen has got a gun



2 comments:

Aaron said...

Wow! I had forgotten about this one. HOLY Shit this does not hold up today. i guess it was funny back in the days before this became reality. I don't understand Julie Brown. is she a singer? or actor? both? I guess she did some comedy songs only. i love the beginning where she is singing and the camera is tracking down all the people and then she appears again. she must have had to move really fast to pull off that shot. I also love how she grabs the cops ass at the end. maybe every time there is a school shooting the republicans can play this song and have an orgasm.

Dan Tschirhart said...

I remember my sister had this album and 'Cause I'm A Blonde' was on Dr Demento

Turns out she's been acting small parts in shows/movies since 1980

Her first episode was on Happy Days, then down the road she was on Laverne and Shirley, The Jeffersons

Scarecrow and Mrs King and she had a bit part on 'The Incredible Shrinking Woman'

She had some episodes on Quantam Leap and then she was a regular on The Animaniacs

She's still getting work, and the last recognizable part was on 'The Middle'

She's been acting right under our noses this whole time and we were basically Clueless