Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Believe it or Not by Joey Scarbury

Look at what's happened to me
I can't believe it myself
Suddenly I'm up on top of the world
It should have been somebody else
Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air
I never thought I could feel so free
Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me
Just like the light of a new day
It hit me from out of the blue
Breaking me out of the spell I was in
Making all of my wishes come true
Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air
I never thought I could feel so free
Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me
This is too good to be true
Look at me falling for you
Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air
I never thought I could feel so free
Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me
Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air
I never thought I could feel so free
Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me
Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air
I never thought I could feel so free
Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me


WOW... THIS VID LOOKS LIKE A PARODY OF AN 80S VID... BUT NOPE... ITS THE REAL THING... 

3 comments:

Dan Tschirhart said...

That is a bizarre yet amazing early 80's video

It had everything, although I have no idea why the women were in the video

Do they fit in the world of the video people, or are they supposed to be tied into the show?

They seem bored, like they're waiting to be driven to a party or something

The guitar guy with the mustache looks like Ben Stiller from Dodgeball

The song itself was awesome and reminded me of a happy part of childhood

I loved Greatest American Hero and it was one of the few shows my sister and I both liked

I remember George using it on his answering machine in Seinfeld

This also reminds me of the 80's horror film 'House' because it was the same actor

It was pretty good film, fairly clever

~ and then they made House 2 which was a cool film

It had Norm and Cliff from Cheers and a young Bill Maher and it was an total 80's movie

This song always gives me a little pinch of joy when I hear it

~ and I think that's pretty groovy

Pirate Aggro said...

Wow yes! I totally forgot he was in House. I loved that movie. I also loved that show. When I was listing to this song I kept waiting for the line "the greatest American hero" as one of the lines. Then I figured that it must have been a special version for the show. Then I remembered the song I was playing in my head was the theme song to GI Joe. "The greatest American hero/ GI Joe is there!" I always thought the GI Joe cartoon was lame. No one ever died. The bad guys planes would blow up in a huge orange fire ball and the next thing you know there is the piolet parachuting to safety. I would shout "SHOOT THAT ASSHOLE!" Then I'd be grounded for shouting asshole.

Aaron said...

Wow. Those ladies make zero sense. I have no idea what they were even going for. Why have them looking annoyed ?? I loved this song as a kid. Loved it so much I waited till the show came on and put my tape recorder up to the tv speaker and made my own version of the song I could play anytime I wanted. Sadly it was only the tv intro version so It was only 1 minute long. But it was better than nothing. This show always made me sad that he could never get the suit to work. Also he had funny looking hair. Sarah now has discovered this song and it is her second favorite. As a result I hear it everyday. Many times.