Monday, October 05, 2020

Zombie Jamboree by The Kingston Trio

                                                         Well, now, back to back, belly to belly, well, I don't give a damn 'cause I done that already, back to back

Belly to belly at the zombie jamboree
Belly to belly at the zombie jamboree
(Now hear the chorus)
(You can feel that)
(Oh, what a good game)
(You're all alone, you know)

Zombie jamboree took place in a New York cemetery (Where?)
Zombie jamboree took place in Long Island cemetery
Zombies from all parts of the island (Where?)
Some of them are great calypsonians (Some)
Since the season was carnival they got together in bacchanal. Oh, what ya' doin'?

Well, now, back to back, belly to belly, well, I don't give a damn 'cause I done that already, back to back
Belly to belly at the zombie jamboree
Belly to belly at the zombie jamboree

One female zombie wouldn't behave
She say she want me for a slave
In the one hand she's holding a quart of wine, in the other she's pointing that she'll be mine
Well, believe me folks, I had to run (Why?)
A husband of a zombie ain't no fun! (Don't knock it!)
I says, "Oh, no, my turtle dove, that old bag of bones I cannot love." Oh, what you doin'?

Well, now, back to back, belly to belly, well, I don't give a damn 'cause I done that already, back to back
Belly to belly at the zombie jamboree
Belly to belly at the zombie jamboree

Right then and there she raise her feet
"I'm a-going to catch you now, my sweet
I'm gonna make you call me 'Sweetie Pie'"
I says "Oh, no, get back, you lie!"
"I may be lyin' but you will see (What?)
After you kiss this dead zombie." (Blah!)
Well, I never seen such a horror in my life
Can you imagine me with a zombie wife? (Yes!)

Well, now, back to back, belly to belly, well, I don't give a damn 'cause I done that already, back to back
Belly to belly at the zombie jamboree
Belly to belly at the zombie jamboree


2 comments:

Aaron said...

The very first CD that I owned was the talking heads Little Creatures. But I didn’t buy it. Not sure where it came from but the first CD I ever bought was the Kingston Trio. Loved them so much when they had a reunion tour in Denver I made my dad drive me to see the show. He was so sad but he went anyway. He made fun of them because he was a jazz musician and was bored by the same three chords. This song always made me wonder what the hell they were thinking. It’s very odd. I love the image of zombies dancing. I also love the image of Dan Tscieiereicsierthart dancing to this. Love that guy.

Dan Tschirhart said...

Great song! This gets caught in my head all the time

This was the song Berv played that got me into the Kingston Trio

Oh no my turtle dove, that old bag of bones I cannot love, oh what you doin?

Back to back belly to belly...

It's so damn catchy!

They've got some great tunes

Another one of my favorites is the M.T.A.

About this poor fellow that gets trapped on the subway

they raised the subway fare unbeknownst to him, so he didn't bring enough change to get off the train

I always thought that if this were to happen to one of my friends

It would probably be my good friend Chris

Because in general, if anyone was to get into a pickle for something we all did, it would be Chris

But don't worry buddy, I'd bring you some change

I'm sad I missed the reunion tour, but I'm happy you got to see the magic