Sunday, October 18, 2020

They Told It Was Hard But They Were Wrong by Ela Minus

 We always know in the first minute or so

If something's worth
Staying for
We always know
You fools trying to go deeper
Don't you see how easy it should be?
You fools trying to go deeper
Don't you see how easy it should be?
If you have to go to the bottom of a hole
To find what's wrong
Just let it go
Everyone told us it's hard
But they were wrong
You fools trying to go deeper
Don't you see how easy it should be?
You fools trying to go deeper
Don't you see how easy it should be?
Everyone told us it's hard
But they were wrong
When we love, we love it all
And nothing is impossible

4 comments:

Dan Tschirhart said...

Ok so imagine you're in a theater class, could be high school or college

You're given a project where you have to make a music video to a song of your choosing

Now the group of dancers that are taking your class because they have to ~

This is the video they would make

Now I'm not saying our videos would be any better

But they wouldn't be this

And yes if you shot this video in Fort Collins right now, you wouldn't need a smoke machine

The air tastes like fireplace

Aaron said...

Yes. This has the feel of high school film class. But made by dancers. I remember taking film study with Mr. Loy. Loved that class. We watched The Changling and it was fuckin scary even watching it in class. Then I showed the movie to Sarah a few months ago and she scoffed at it. Saying “that movie wasn’t scary it just was old and silly”. It made me feel sad, and old, and like I was a very cowardly person. Sad. Also Mr. Loy gave us an assignment. We all had to make a movie. Except back then nobody had a video camera so he said we could just hand in what the move WOULD be if we had a way to make it. Can you believe that ? Wow. The world has changed. I couldn’t get my hands on a camera so I made a film strip version of bad dudes on slide film and recorded the audio on cassette. And when it was time to change the image I blew into a plastic flute. I got an A. But only because it was the 80’s

Pirate Aggro said...

I took that class only Mr. Bandower taught it and Gilberts 3 Days was the result.

Dan Tschirhart said...

Waz and I took that class with Bandhauer

We didn't have to make a movie though

But the Changeling was fantastic! That's the one movie I remember from that class

Not to sound too old myself, but this generation has no patience for a movie like that

It moves way too slow

This also reminds me of a time we all watched Excoricist 3 and it made us jump - good times