Monday, October 12, 2020

Cold October by Escondido


Miles down the highway
I called you on the phone
Couldn't bring myself to tell you
When you had me all alone.
'Cause I loved you like a Summer's Day
Those nights spent in your arms.
I said I'd never leave you,
Guess I'll be doing you some harm.
'Cause that's the old me talkin'
New me's walkin'
Love you until the truth came knockin'
Darlin', it's a Cold October.
'Cause that's the old me talkin'
New me's walkin'
Some hearts are just made for lockin'
Darlin', it's a Cold October.
'Cause leavin' you ain't easy;
They say some love never dies.
But ours got lost in silence
No longer recognized.
So I left you in the rearview
Saw you standing by the door
That one last kiss was for all the things
That I don't feel no more
'Cause that's the old me talkin'
New me's walkin'
Love you until the truth came knockin'
Darlin', it's a Cold October.
'Cause that's the old me talkin'
New me's walkin'
Some hearts are just made for lockin'
Darlin', it's a Cold October.
It's a Cold October.
It's gonna be a Cold October. That's the old me talkin'
New me's walkin'
Some hearts are just made for lockin'
Darlin', it's a Cold October. It's a Cold October.

 NOT NO MORE... NOW ITS "EVERYTHING IS BURNING" OCTOBER...

4 comments:

Aaron said...

It didn’t make sense that the lady singing the song is in the passengers seat of the car. She should be the one driving. Maybe she couldn’t drive a stick shift. When we grew up we all had to learn stick. But now days nobody under the age of 30 can do it. I bet that’s why she is not driving. But it just don’t make sense. This song’s music doesn’t match the lyrics. It’s too upbeat and happy sounding.

Dan Tschirhart said...

This video and song both strike me as a song that would be a hit when we were in high school

It would play on 120 Minutes on MTV and it would be fitting, because we had some tough winters back then

I remember when we got a week off, because of the snow, right before Spring Break - good times

Or maybe October is the name of somebody and they are just like the number 7 in the joke~

Why was 6 afraid of 7?

Because 7 had cold, dead eyes

It's a theory, but it's got legs

But yes, this has been a very smoky, hot October and we have two full moons this month

So the moon on Halloween will be our Blue Moon

Great googlie-mooglie may it be a sign of good things to come! We need this!

I want November to end up being a warm and fuzzy on the inside kind of month

Aaron said...

it won't be. the world will end soon.

Pirate Aggro said...

That is a very good joke and I am using it. Yes I hope to God the blue moon means something this time. And not just that another Smurf comes into existence.